Matt Smith and Arthur Darvill at FanExpo Canada 2014 in Toronto
Ten highlights from their 3 panels:
1) During his first panel, Matt Smith broke the news that Karen Gillan bailed on the Expo (not a highlight) but it was kind of nice to collectively “mourn”… plus it led to some hilarious Karen teasing from Matt and Arthur (lots of “moon face” talk - including “blue moon” in reference to Nebula from Guardians of the Galaxy, which Arthur hasn’t seen yet)
2) Matt Smith seemed thrilled to learn that the drinking age in Canada is 19 and not 21 like it is in the States
3) Matt and Arthur are huge Arcade Fire fans and they got to go to their concert in Toronto and dance on stage with them… they said they geeked out afterwards when meeting the band (and compared it to how Doctor Who fans feel when meeting them)
4) Arthur loves Back to the Future (yay! me too!) and based a lot of his decisions for Rory on the movie… for example, in Amy’s Choice, Rory disappearing into sand was based on Marty’s hand disappearing
5) A cardboard cutout of Arthur from his Doctor Who days has been making its way around the trailers on the Broadchurch set - this was the only piece of information he could give re: Broadchurch series 2
6) Speaking of not getting any info - no details about the Terminator movie from Matt Smith
7) ‘Karen and the Babes’ was down a member, but after a request for a song from the audience, Matt and Arthur sang a decent chunk of Bohemian Rhapsody…. they also led the audience in “Happy Birthday” for a girl turning 11 that day
8) They both seemed genuinely pleased to be hanging out with each other and mentioned that being able to attend conventions together is nice because it helps them keep in touch
9) There was a marriage proposal at the end of Matt’s panel - the woman said ‘yes’ (phew!) - and Matt signed the ring box for them
10) Arthur had an answer ready and immediately said “Narnia” when asked where he’d like to live if he could choose any fictional world/land (as a kid he used to wish his wardrobe would lead there)… Matt said he’d want to live in the 50s (yay! me too!)… or more precisely, go hang out with Sinatra
…in general, they were hilarious and it was so much fun to see them together. Still sad that Karen couldn’t make it. I wish they had called her, Matt had his phone (he was asked what his current ringtone was - a plain boring ring) but alas, it didn’t happen. Fingers crossed I’ll get to see the 3 of them together some day!
lotr meme: nine characters (4/9) → Peregrin Took
"That’s what I meant,’ said Pippin. ‘We hobbits ought to stick together, and we will. I shall go, unless they chain me up. There must be someone with intelligence in the party."
is it possible to become their friendship when i grow up
*asks mom if she can buy something for me in september*
"no christmas is coming"
I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
*looking at my stomach*: Oh my god why
*looking at my arms*: Oh my god why
*looking at my face*: Oh my god why
*trying to exercise*: Oh my god why
*eating shitty food*: Oh my god why
*weighing myself*: Oh my god why
*looking at my life*: Oh my god why
*looking at my music taste*: cool man
Happy 23rd birthday Dylan O’Brien (20 August 1991)!
No human is perfect, and that’s fine, that’’’s okay - that’s the way it should be. Imperfection is beautiful.
Happy birthday, Dylan O’Brien! (August 26, 1991)
“Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever.”